Swing dance at our Reception

Swing dance at our Reception
Dancing to Come on Come on: by Mary-Chapin Carpenter:

Saturday, July 03, 2010

Recognize the Diversity in Yourself - Thomas Moore


I was exploring the recent update to one of my favorite websites, BARQUE: THOMAS MOORE AS CATALYST. It was entitled, Thomas Moore writes about the sounds of silence , and contained a link to the Resurgence Magazine article on the subject. Of course I had to explore to see if the British magazine had made Moore's other articles available and I found an extremely meaningful article.

It's title, Your Many Selves: Recognise the diversity within yourself and you will begin to see it in others , immediately sparked my imagination. I'm sure that I've read this before, but it seemed to have a renewed immediacy for me. I imagine that this concept, of "many selves within each of us" is the reason that I began to be comfortable with the different aspects of my own complex personality and so, too, demands that I return to Moore's work.

2 comments:

Alexandrea said...

I love the picture that accompanied this post so much that I am not trying to track it down so I can steal it for my blog!

Dancin' Clown said...

Alex,
Hope you were able to find that on the site of the original post at Resurgence -
http://www.resurgence.org/magazine/article2621-your-many-selves.html