Swing dance at our Reception

Swing dance at our Reception
Dancing to Come on Come on: by Mary-Chapin Carpenter:

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Find ways to be creative - with your Hands

Facebook is really ticking me off. The upload to this blog worked after years of inactivity. Facebook may or may not upload on any particular day.
My wife has lived in this house 34 years and we've been married 13 years and these are the first steps to our hillside.
Both of us have been amazed at how much I've been doing in our little domain. I can only explain how much more satisfying digging a notch for a step or painting lawn furniture is than sitting, waiting for responses from Facebook. And now I find it is easier to post a picture to Facebook via Networked Blogs than it is posting directly from my phone.

Maybe I'm telling my Grandkids that I value working with my hands, creating. Just don't wait until you're 71 years of age to discover real satisfaction in life.

No comments: